When you donate to Chains Interrupted, you can be confident that 100% of your donation goes toward supporting our mission, programs, presentations, volunteer efforts, and events.
Across the United States (including right here in Iowa), thousands of men, women, and children are impacted by human trafficking. At Chains Interrupted, we provide the Cedar Rapids community, Eastern Iowa and beyond with resources and education to help put a stop to human trafficking and help survivors find freedom.
Learn more about our ways to give below, and contact us today for more information.
Monetary donations to Chains Interrupted go a long way. With your donations, we support multiple programs and services including:
- Education initiatives, including the Hotel/Motel Program, School Program, Medical Program, and the “Protect Me Project” in Guatemala.
- On-site presentations and training provided to community organizations, churches and the general public around Eastern Iowa
- Resources (meals, gift cards, small gifts) for survivors involved in our Survivor Support Group
- Continued growth of our reach and access to other partner organizations to help rescue trafficking survivors
- Our overhead expenses are minimal, and include maintaining a PO Box, website and trac phone.
Many employers provide a matching donation. Please check with your organization when you donate!
Survivor Resource Donations
Our Survivor Support Group can be an important step in the journey of healing for survivors of human trafficking. We provide several goods and services as we walk through life together.
We welcome donations for this, including:
- Gift cards
- Gas cards
- Snacks and small gifts
We also assist survivors outside our support group with various resources until we can connect them with long-term advocacy. These resources can include:
- Temporary shelter
- A gender and age appropriate duffel bag containing: (all donations new and full sized, please) hygiene products, sweatpants, t-shirts, sports bra, underwear, socks, small gift/gas cards, and small gifts [mug, journal, candy, etc).
- Referrals for immediate assistance and long-term advocacy
For more information on current needs for our Survivor Support Group, please contact ustoday.
**We are working on (and fundraising for) providing housing for those survivors coming out of a long-term restoration home. It can be incredibly difficult to transition from a place where you are fully supported, to being on your own. Our vision is to continue to walk with these survivors long-term, as they transition into life outside of a long-term restoration home.
Donate via Amazon Smile
Next time you’re on Amazon looking for those great Prime deals, why not put part of your purchase to good use? Through Amazon Smile, you can choose Chains Interrupted as a beneficiary of a portion of your Amazon purchase. Every little bit helps improve our mission and programs to support survivors of human trafficking.
Donate to Stuff Etc.
From old furniture to gently used home decor, you can support Chains Interrupted. Your donations can be brought to Stuff Etc. in Cedar Rapids at 252 Blairs Ferry Road. We will receive 50% of the sale of your items.
Tell them you’d like proceeds to benefit Chains Interrupted and you’ll collect a tax receipt for tax filing purposes. For more information about our Stuff Etc. donation program, contact us.
Gifts in Memorial
If someone has impacted your life or the life of someone else, consider a gift in memoriam. Memorial and honor gifts are also great for honoring someone you love during the holiday season.
Chains Interrupted also welcomes estate planning donations. If you or your family is interested in donating to our organization via estate planning, contact us today.